Thursday, December 15, 2011

Beauty of the Night

Dear You, 

I want to share this with you.

I'm at my work, the DQ hotel.
My desk is right near a wall of windows that exit out onto the main deck of the cruise boat.
It's early night in December.
I took a short break for air in this over-stuffy room. It's busier than most nights I'm here. Then again, I'm not here most nights.
I learned this evening a few of the imperfections of this organization. I still love my job and I value the people I work for and work with. I love our clientele and getting to help them. I really do enjoy it all.
Besides the fact that I get to dress up.

Anyways, so I stepped out onto the main level deck. I looked out on the river side. The Christmas lights on the walking bridge- snowflakes shining down on the river- twinkling and moving to unaccompanied rhythm.
It's not very cold. It feels good on my warm and irritated skin.
It feels better on my hot and frustrated mind.

I want to share this with someone, I whisper in unhearable decibels.
I want to share this with you.
I long for you to be here. Seeing me.
I look stunning tonight. Elegant and professional. Classy and cute.
Even my co-workers were a little surprised with how I look tonight.
I could say it's the glasses (yes. they are fake. yes. I just love the look of them), or the heels, but it's really just the whole ensemble. plus my evenstar pendant, which is uber gorgeous no matter what I'm wearing it with. Or maybe it's the other way around. It make everything I wear look uber gorgeous.

So I wanted you to know all that.
I wanted you to know that it's beautiful. I'd love for you to come and share with me the splendor of the lights and the beauty of the night.

I miss you.

~A.

No comments:

Post a Comment